Thursday, August 8, 2013

Updates to the master

I've added a few little details to our bedroom.  It still has a long way to go, there are a lot of things I want to add.  It's not a very big room at all, so I have to be selective in what I put in there.  So I'm always on the look out for the perfect things.  But wall space is something I can play with and it doesn't really affect the flow of the room.
I've had this empty frame for a while and decided to try it over the bed.  I printed out some of my favorite photos of us in sepia and clipped them to the wire that already existed.  I used teensy tiny clothes pins.  I noticed something kind of odd when I was hanging these photos: I'm to his left in Every. Single. One.  I wonder what that's about?



Then I saw these german glass glitter letters in Michaels.  They didn't have a B so I had to get two P's and turn one upside down. Whatever. It works.
It makes our room personalized. 

I
II


I added to our travel gallery wall from our last trip.  I just love this wall.
 
It tells a story of where we've been together.
 
A little chalk board art hangs on the wall opposite the bed.  I'm trying to get better at chalkboard writing.  It's not that easy.
I still want to change out the curtains and bedding, add some sort of soft seating and a cabinet or shelf for a TV.  It's fun to be a work in progress.

5 comments:

Nellie said...

Your room is a adorable escape! So romantic and wonderful!

Shannon Baker said...

Seriously love it! I need to come get an in person home tour some time!

Nina Wallace said...

It's beautiful Becky!

Nina Wallace said...

whoops' it's joAn

Bev said...

You always have fun ideas, the changes you have added are personal and charming. Keep us up to date on the other changes you do. I am contemplating some changes in my master bedroom also. It must be the season!