Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A White Kitchen

Are you ready?  This is a huge before and after.  A few weeks after moving in this house my seester Bev came to visit.  She envisioned my kitchen with white cabinets.  She knew it must be white.  I thought she was a little crazy because there was no way I was going to paint all those cabinets!!


and let me tell you, there are alot of cabinets!  The oak was competing with the wood floors and the granite counters.  It was alot going on.  But I had to start small and paint my laundry room first, and then the bathroom cabinets.

I gained confidence in what I was doing and felt I could tackle this monster job.  And when she decided to paint her cabinets, I dove in and painted mine at the same time.  I asked her advice and used the same paint color as hers.  She's the expert.

This is what I did for an entire week.  One section at a time.  Took the doors and hardware off, deglossed, primed and painted.  Twenty six doors, twenty two drawers, a desk, a hutch and all the cabinet frames.
And this is why.



I left a couple of doors off to display some lovelies

This is the hutch at the end of the cabinets.
 

It was alot of work.  Like sweaty, back aching, hand cramping work.
 But so worth it.
Thanks favorite sister:)
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, your kitchen is absolutely amazing, and you did all that painting yourself! Well Done!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my!!!! I am impressed, I hired mine done and I LOVE white cabinets also. You did amazing!!! It looks so crisp and like a totally new, modern and yet charming kitchen. Way to go Becky!!!!

Bev said...

Yay Becky!!! You did it and it looks wonderful. Your granite gets to be shown off now without all that oak! I love how fresh and bright it looks. My kitchen will be posted soon!

Annette said...

That is amazing they look wonderful. I can't believe you did that all yourself. Bev we are waiting for yours.

Nellie said...

Wow that makes your granite pop. That is a huge job and I'm sure you did it in AZ hot heat. I love it!

Bethany said...

Becky it looks amazing!

Briannon said...

Way to go! that looks so good....Ive started looking at that pinterest you talked about and white is def in...I may need your help with painting pallets...have you seen all the stuff you can make with pallets? I feel like its just about the perfect kind of furniture for me-basically free!

Melynda King said...

WOW Becky they look FANTASTIC!!! Good job!!

Nancy@owensolivia said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I feel your pain. I started to refinish my kitchen cabinets, and when it was time to scrap off the paint on the actual cabinet part (not doors), I stopped. I had enough! Kudos to you for sticking with it. You have a HUGE kitchen, and it turned out really well.

DeeDee said...

WOW! What a difference and a good one too! It's awesome, great job! :)

grandma said...

My Oh My! What a difference. The white shows off your lovelies and everything else so well. It looks so bright and fresh. Good job! And we'll be happy to see Beverly's too.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The transformation is breathtaking. It's so much work, but such great reward!!!!!

I have a big oak kitchen too and have looked at the cabinets and thought, "Hmmm...paint", but wondered about the wood grain impression/texture being visible through the paint. Is it on yours?

I'm your newest follower. :)

michele said...

looks gorgeous!

michele

Kolein said...

This is the most beautiful transformation! Do you sleep in here now??? I would!

I've been attempting to paint our cabinets white for 13 years. Yes I procrastinate some times. Since you did a large space like that I should be able to tackle our galley kitchen!

Yours is absolutely knock out gorgeous!!!

xo
~K

Kristen@hillcountrycolonial said...

You are my hero. I'm so gonna do this! I really, really, need to do this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Train Your BackThe latissimus dorsi, or widest muscles of the back, play more than just a supporting role in the bench press. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] One of the main things that France is famous for is its top quality cuisine so why not take a holiday where you can taste some of the sensational food that France has to offer as well as perhaps having a go yourself. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Oogstpnbw
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets sale[/url] Dxbnlarso [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet toronto[/url] gbramyqpf