Thursday, January 31, 2013

Giddy about my new space!

This room has been a wish of mine for a long time.  It's worn different hats.  A boring office, son's room, catch all.  But now it has a purpose.  A reason for being.  A breath of fresh air.  Let's get started, shall we?
I saw this pegboard idea on pinterest recently and that's what kicked the whole thing off.  It just so happens that we had the pegboard hanging in a bedroom and it wasn't being utilized.  Bingo!  So Mr. handy hubby took it down and put it up in here for me.  Then he framed it with some molding left over in the garage and I painted it.  Cost for this pegboard:  nothing

 I'm still finding things to fill it with but so far, I already had everything.  I'm trying to get creative and  repurpose things I already had, like this little decorative latter turned ribbon storage.  I think it's cute. I also got the idea from pinterest to wrap ribbon around craft sticks.  That's what is in the jar in the back.  Good way to store ribbon!  WHAT would we do without pinterest.
Phillip had these wire baskets in the garage with yucky garage things in them.  I can't believe I haven't stolen them before now.  Now they hold my decorative and solid paper.
This little table was made by me in high school and has been a behind the sofa table.  I don't know if it will stay here but for now it's a cute little work space.  I'm on the look out for an old door I can do a little chalkboard painting on and stand up in the corner there for messages and notes.
This dresser came out of Isabelle's room after we moved all her clothes into her closet shelves.  Now it holds alot of paperwork and files and things that are not pretty to look at.
My mom and dad gave me this cute old suitcase for my birthday.  She had notes and letters I had written over the years and some of my baby dresses inside.  It's too cute to not be displayed.  I'm going to keep my camera and any pictures waiting for projects in it.
 Here's the computer station. 
 And shelves above.  They have more decorative than functional items. Sweet sister gave me these oh so cute mason jars.  I found the vintage suitcase last summer with my parents and sister.   I'll have to put those baskets to use.

This is a cabinet I've had for a long time.  It's great for storing baskets of craft supplies.  I'll probably paint it down the road but I'm all painted out from painting these wood shutters.  If you ever want to know the wrong way to paint wood shutters, I'm your girl.  I thought it would be no big deal.  It would have been alot easier to spray paint them but I wanted them in my favorite white (Swiss Coffee) and you can't buy that in spray paint.  So I painted them with a brush.  Let's just say when I get ready to paint the living room shutters I'll be buying a paint sprayer.  Goodness gracious!
These white metal locker baskets were a goodwill find.  They are from pottery barn teen.  I was able to get four of them for $20.  Only one was white and the others were different colors so I spray painted one of them white and Isabelle has the other two in her room.
 
Wire basket with fabric
 My armoire holds gift wrapping supplies and miscellaneous items (stuff).
 I slapped these drop cloths up for curtains when we needed some privacy when this was Logan's room.  I'll most likely be getting some real ones soon.
That's the tour, folks.  I think the only thing I spent on this room was the metal brackets and wood for the shelves.  I already had everything else.  Does that make me a little hoarderish?
Thanks for taking a look at my new space.  I'm not sure what I'm going to call it yet.  Moffice, Studio, Craft room.  Any ideas?
 
linking up to:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great space, Becky! Love all the room you have. Great idea for the peg board and I love that it is framed out.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it! Doesn't it feel good when you use that stuff you already have...and you made it all so cute. I think you should call it Becky's hideout.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

The room is so pretty and practical. Such a great combination. Love what your mom did for you. That's a sweet idea!
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

How about you call it Awesome! Isn't it great to have your own space? I have been building my craft room in our basement and am in the process of going through all my stuff and figuring out where I want to put everything.

I'd love it if you linked this to my new linky party!

Have a great weekend!
Deborah

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh my...your room is soooo charming. Would love to have you share it at my party.

Blessings,
Linda

Bev said...

It turned out fabulous! I have been waiting ever since your sneak peek to see the reveal! It looks so functional and decorative at the same time. Lots of storage but yet looks spacious. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute space to get creative in!!!

Ronda Batchelor said...

Cute I am working on my craft room too.

Art and Sand said...

What a fun place to be creative.

I love the arched doorway into your space.

Shannon Baker said...

Drooling over it! Great job!!!