Tuesday, October 4, 2011

yard sale find

The girls and I went to a community yard sale on Saturday.  That's what I'm talking about, two or three sales on every street!!  I spotted this little beauty just sitting on the sidewalk.  There was nothing wrong with is except it's oak color (you know how I feel about oak) and a thin layer of cat hair.


A little cleaning and painting fixed her up like new.  I don't know the first thing about reupholstering so the coral velvet fabric stays.  It gives my room a pop of color that I like.

You can't really tell from the photos, but I painted it a light gray.  No distressing yet.  We'll see.
  It was a good find:)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

grandma said...

Wow! It was a good find and it turned out so gorgeous. I like the gray. ps We just got home a few minutes ago. No trouble or problems. Its good to be home again.

Bev said...

What a great find - I'm glad you kept the fabric - so pretty, and the paint color is perfect.

Unknown said...

I love it!! You have a good eye for good finds.

Jan said...

brilliant!

Pamela said...

That is too funny! We have cousin chairs! I call mine a raspberry color. What a great find! Would love to have ya share for Treasure Hunt Thursday!