Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

I wanted to do a little more 4th of July decorating than I normally do.  I didn't want to go out and buy things though.  I always love the look of a banner or pennant.  This paper banner was quick, easy and I used paper I had.  I put some flags I had into the wooden crate and hung the stars and stripes decoration on my old window.  4th of July mantle.
 
 
About a year ago I had my girls go get a pallet in my neighborhood.  They had quite a hard time of it because there was stuff piled on top of it.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with it at the time, so it just sat out by the wood pile.  Patiently waiting.  And then pinterest came to the rescue.
As soon as I saw a pallet flag, I knew that's what my pallet would become.  A couple of dollars in craft paint and about thirty minutes later.
 


 I really love it.  It brings my patio to patriotic life.  And if I get tired of the flag, I can always turn it over and plant a garden in it!   Thank goodness for Pallets and Pinterest.
Happy 4th of July!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!

Bev said...

It all looks so festive and fun. The pallet turned out great, just like pinterest! Emily must be glad all her hard work finally paid off.

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bev said...

I need to remember your cute and cheap bunting idea, I certainly have plenty of scrapbook paper as you know!