Friday, October 12, 2012

Bookshelve makeover

This is how my built in book shelves USED to look:  Very wood.  Very shiny wood.
This is how my built in bookshelves look NOW:

Just a few days and some paint.  It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I've been putting it off forever.   But it's really so so so much better.
The items on the shelves are the star of the show now.
I may have gotten a little carried away and put too much stuff on them.
Did you know there's an art to styling bookshelves?  People write articles about it, are obsessed with it, dedicate their lives to it.  Well, maybe not.
It takes alot of skill, of which I have none of.
I opted to leave out some shelves in order to place some bigger scale pieces ( that's a professional term for stuff).  I don't know if I'll leave it like this or not.
*Sigh*  Timeless, classic built ins.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Becky I love it! You did a great job, what a huge difference it makes! Maybe it'll inspire me to paint something ;)

Unknown said...

They look GREAT! That had to be a lot of work but well worth it and I really like how you arranged them, yes, it is harder then you would think and did you do a lot of stepping back and looking and pondering and changing...well thats what I do.
Good Job!

Bev said...

WOW what a difference! You are gradually freeing your house of its wood toned prison! It looks so much better! Good job!

Shaleice said...

I love it! White is SO in style ;) And makes everything fresh and new instead of dull and drabby like dark wood does. I don't think you put too much on the shelves. But I'm sure you'll re-arrange and re-arrange them no matter what....I do the same thing... men will never understand this ;) haha

Shannon Baker said...

They look fantastic! Great job.

Kim said...

Love it! What a fabulous job you did!