Friday, September 13, 2013

My Living Room

This room.  This room has given me some fits. It's the very first thing you see when you come in my front door, so I want it to be welcoming, nice and lovely.  I've changed the paint color, I've tried different furniture arrangements, I've swapped furniture with other rooms.  I don't know...I'm just not loving it. 
But here's the before, before we took ownership:

That bright red wall.  I thought I loved it at first.  But when a friend saw it and the green carpet together, she said "It's just like Christmas!"  And then I came to my senses.  So I painted the big red wall.  I eventually painted the wall of built ins you can barely see on the right.  And I painted the shutters on the windows.  That's pretty much it.
Here's how the room looks now:
 I got the ok from the Mr. last night to replace these couches.  We've had them nine years.  They've been great and served their purpose.  But our daughter whose getting married could really use them, so on to a new home.  I've got my eye on some Ikea ones. No more puffy brown marshmallows :)


Our entry way:

Not a lot of room in the entry way.  You can either turn left to the living room or right to the office.
The living room is better than it was, and that's a good thing.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Once again you and your paintbrush rescued a lost oak room. And that red! It looks so much calmer now. How fun to get new couches! Does that mean a trip to Ikea? I want to come!